Reporting to the Regional Manager SA/NT, we are seeking someone who can lead from the front when required and can demonstrate broad experience in managing a transport / warehousing operation.
This challenging role will be responsible for the efficient and safe operation of the depot, as well as being the operational contact for our NT customers. Key focus is to achieve the operational efficiency in order fulfillment, whilst ensuring our Local distribution and SA/NT road trains networks are running efficiently whilst maximising local opportunities.
- Control and oversee all aspects of transportation and operations – Ensure efficient allocation and optimal use of fleet meeting internal and external customer requirements with a low cost solution
- Lead, develop and motivate the staff through delegation, advice and direction
- Monitor the performance and behaviour of all staff and ensure appropriate standards are maintained
- Work with the National Management team to meet the strategic objectives of the business
- Work in line with company policies/procedures and KPI’s set to optimise business operations
- Drive sales and manage client contact in geographic area of responsibility
- Experience in a transport or third party logistics environment
- Excellent knowledge of transport compliance requirements including Chain of Responsibility regulations
- Experience in Freight 20/20 or a similar transport system would be highly regarded
- Strong Leadership skills, must be able to engage and empower team
- Profit & Loss Management skills
We are looking for someone who has a minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar role. Should you wish to apply please submit your resume via the apply button.
To find out more about the opportunity, please visit https://www.seek.com.au/job/52217472