Cahill Transport is a growing national transport and logistics business with a history spanning 70 years. We offer logistic services Australia wide including Truck Haulage, Wharfage and Warehousing.
We are seeking an experienced Container Team Leader to join our dedicated container division within our Head Office site, Laverton North.
Reporting to the Container Allocator, this role will sit within a small, supportive and friendly team.
- Supporting and managing the daily operation.
- Monitor Import/Export container activity.
- Provide containers in accordance with customer requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ensure container control systems are maintained.
- Compile regular data and KPI’s regarding container fleet status.
- Process booking requests efficiently.
- Detailed knowledge and a strong commitment to the OH&S requirements of an operating container division.
- Provide 2IC support to the Container Allocator and Container team members as and when required.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships internal / external.
- Liaise with drivers, customers, and management daily.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and adapt to varying situations.
- 4.30am – 2pm, Monday to Friday (occasional Saturdays).
- Rostered after hours (on call).
- Wharf/container experience – essential.
- Allocator/Scheduling experience – essential.
- Experience of Container Chain and 1stop software – desirable.
- Knowledge of NHVR.
- Current HC/MC licence.
- MSIC Card.
- Sideloader experience – desirable.
- Reach stacker experience – desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite (Word/Excel/Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and build strong working relationships.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Co-operative team player with strong leadership skills.
- High sense of urgency.
- Exceptional customer service focus.
Compliance with public health order –
You must be vaccinated or comply with current vaccination health orders requiring first vaccination by 15/10/21 and second vaccination by 26/11/21.
Please submit your current resume including cover letter.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical including a Drug & Alcohol screen and provide evidence of work rights.
No assistance is required from recruitment agencies at this time.